Monday, November 21, 2011

Is Sergeants flea, tick, and lice shampoo good for me to use on my cat?

I also want to know if their flea spray is good.Is Sergeants flea, tick, and lice shampoo good for me to use on my cat?
Sergeants! Meh! Bleck!


Yes, if you don't use them properly they can be dangerous to your little fuzzy.


No, I would not recommend it.


Why? Because when I was a poor (as in $$) pet parent, I tried all the stuff you can get off the shelf in a walmart or pet store. No no bad!


The BEST stuff to use on cats contains fipronil. Frontline is recommended by my vet, and all 5 of my current cats. More information: http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/index.asp


The second best stuff to use contains pyrethrins. It's not as strong, and doesn't do quite the damage to fleas that fipronil does, but it's what I use on my gerbils, and it keeps the gerbs flea free when we have an outbreak with the cats. (Price you pay when you live in a cat-friendly neighborhood - lots of flea carrying visitors on the window sills) A good example of this is: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=11178%26amp;N=2007+113626





Best place to get frontline if you don't want to go to a vet, AND get more information about tons of pet-related things? http://www.drsfostersmith.com. I get most of my pet supplies from them, and they have a good selection and good help from actual vets when you're shopping.Is Sergeants flea, tick, and lice shampoo good for me to use on my cat?
Please don't use Hartz or Sergeants. Not only are they mostly innefective but their VERY harsh and dangerous to use on pets. Get your cat on a monthly flea treatment such as Advantage or Frontline. If you do that the spray isn't necessary. Treat your carpets with 20 Mule Team Borax, found at grocery stores in most laundry aisles, and strip down and wash all beddings - yours AND the pets.
I think it's a very good product. I've used their products on all of my animals. I've had both cats and dogs and I've never had a problem using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment